Welcome

The time in Cape Town is:

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Prayer Request

Hey guys, this has nothing to do with our Africa trip directly, but just a personal/family prayer request. I got a call yesterday regarding my grandpa and he is not doing well health wise. I am not asking for a miracle or for healing or anything like that. He has lived a good life, fought the good fight, and its just time. Mom said a few days ago he said he was just tired and ready for some heaven. So I am just praying for a peaceful transition from the temporary tent, to his new glorified body. Because of his da-men-sa (no idea how to spell that), they (hospice) have had to sedate him these last couple of days. So I am also praying for one more opportunity to say goodbye. Not that I have to have it, but it would be nice. Our last visit was a good one and if thats all I get I am good. This all happened the day we left to go to Florida to raise support for our trip and also spend one last visit with our family and friends here. So I am struggling a little bit with not being there. I love my grandpa, he has been one of my biggest fans, advocates, and supporters. He is one of the greatest, neatest men I have known. He is a true Hero, and an excellent fisherman. This will not be easy for me, so I guess you can pray for me to. His name is Robert, but everyone calls him Shorty, and his wife's name is Faye. thank you
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment