Welcome

The time in Cape Town is:

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Prayer Request

Hello Friends.

I am passing on a prayer request that is pretty urgent.  This is a friend of mine that I have had the privilege of meeting the last month or so while ministering at Careline Crisis & trauma center here in South Africa.  When Sean arrived at Careline on the 2nd of September 2010 he was in perfect health, walking and participating with all the residents from the Life Skills Program in sports such as Soccer and Volleyball

Early in November, people at Careline noticed a deterioration in his hands and limbs, and within three weeks he was in a wheelchair.  Since I have met Sean he has been a wheelchair, he is totally incapable of helping himself and is completely reliant on others to help him eat, bath, etc.

I don't know the specifics of Sean's condition and I am trying to find out more details, but what I do know at this point surgery is the only option.  There is a 70% that he will return to life without a wheelchair, there is a 30% chance he won't make it out of the O.R.  It involves some sort of spinal surgery.  I know that the Dr. has donated his services and there is even a rehab center that has donated their time and facilities for the recovery process.  All that is needed is to raise the funds for the o.r., nurses, etc which comes to about R100,000.  That is roughly $14000 USD.  They have scheduled the surgery twice and both times have had to cancel due to lack of funds.  This has had a devastating effect on Sean.  He was supposed to be having surgery today and I saw him last night and you can see the disappointment.

I don't know God's will for Sean, but I know he desperately wants to walk again and is willing to risk his life for that chance.  I know that when I spoke to him last night and told him people from all over the world would be lifting him and his needs up in prayer, that his eyes lit up. 

Can you, would you, please join me, his family, and all those who know him, in praying for Sean.  Right now.

Lord, I thank you for the privilege of getting to know Sean.  Right now we want to lift him up to you and thank you that you know him and the number of hairs on his head.  I pray you would strengthen him in your spirit and hold him close.  We are asking that if this surgery is part of your plan that you would please provide by your miraculous hand, and we acknowledge Lord that by the word of your mouth everything in his body could be made right and that even right now he could rise up and walk and if God if that is your will we pray that it would be done in the might name of Jesus.
Amen

Please lets keep Sean in prayer.  You can forward this as much as you like.  If you have questions you can email me @ shelbyrender@yahoo.com. 

Blessings Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment