Welcome

The time in Cape Town is:

Friday, October 25, 2013

Timmy

Some of you have asked.

First its a bit of a difficult situation for me. I knew in the beginning there was really no "win" for Timmy. In my heart I know a boy like Timmy really needs his mom. Problem is at this stage he can't stay where she is and she's not moving.

Its also difficult for me because the social worker basically told me this is all my fault. Timmy had no idea that what was happening to him was wrong until I came along and told him so.

Regardless, I still try and see Timmy at least once a week. He has been placed permanently into states custody. Because he is still in the same village, he will often try and run away and see his mom. He grew up on the streets going where he wanted when he wanted, so now he's a bit like a caged lion.

He looked really good last time I saw him. Smiling, laughing, etc. We made a short video to send to coco.

I know we haven't found the win, but deep down it still feels like a better scenario.  Maybe not the best, but better by far. Regardless of what the social worker says I don't think there is anything I would have done different.  What happened was wrong and needed attention.  I don't see how doing nothing would have helped anyone.  Problem is the system here's is so broken that you remove the victim, but nothing happens to the perpetrators so they just find new ones.  In a perfect world they would also be receiving counseling.

That's it for now. Would love for you to just continue to pray that there is somewhere that Timmy and his mom can go together and both get help.

No comments:

Post a Comment