Welcome

The time in Cape Town is:

Friday, January 13, 2012

Savory Specials

I have a confession to make.  I love pancakes.  Always have.  As a child I would say I ate pancakes about once a week.  As parents, Andrea and I used to make them for breakfast for our family quite regularly.  Blueberry, strawberry, whip cream, syrup, chocolate chip, I like them all.  Here in South Africa we do not get to eat them as often, thanks to the lack of bisquick (and lots of other baking stuff) everything is made from scratch.  I know, I know, we are probably better off like that, but it does take away some of the ease and connivence of baking.  Anyway I digress from my topic.  So as a pancake lover I am on the lookout for pancakes anytime we are able to eat out.  But yesterday I was introduced to something that I never thought possible.....Pancakes.....FOR LUNCH????

We were having lunch with LifeXchange to discuss somethings and I look at the lunch specials and see, Savory Chicken Pancakes.  Chicken & Pancakes?  I was shocked and appalled.  In my mind I am picturing Chicken pancakes like you would a chocolate chip pancake.  My friend Cobus says you never had one, you have to have one.  So I ordered one, after all I love pancakes.  So it was one big skillet sized pancake cooked on both sides and then filled with a creamy chicken mushroom gravy, rolled up and put on a plate.  Apparently you can also get one with vegetables instead of chicken (have to admit that still sounds gross).  I was pretty impressed.  Pancakes are no longer just for breakfast, and no longer need syrup.

So that got me thinking.  What else is there that I have only been seeing from 1 dimension?  Let me ask another question, are there areas in your spiritual life that you need to see from a new perspective?  For example a few obvious ones.  Maybe church isn't only for Sundays?  Maybe Prayer isn't only something you do at dinner?  Maybe your Bible isn't only meant to sit on your coffee table?   Ok, lets go a little deeper.   What if evangelism isn't only for Pastors?  What if Jesus really meant it when he said "Go and make disciples?"  We could go on and on, but hopefully you see my point.  I want to live life in 3D not 1D and sometimes that means we have to start looking at things in new ways, venture out and try new things.

Who knows, maybe you will discover the next big Savory Special.

blessings
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment