Welcome

The time in Cape Town is:

Friday, November 11, 2011

Stay at home missionary

Stay at home missionary is now my new title. I just came up with it. When we moved I had glorious visions of reaching unreached people groups and clothing tons of small brown babies. Now, dont get me wrong, I have clothed some brown babies and I seem to feed lots of extra people weekly, it is just different than I thought it was going to be. Different but not a bad different.

I have been a stay at home mom since I had Brie and I still am. This has always been my mission field and I guess no matter what our longitude and latitude on the earth it will be my mission field until my kids are bigger. This could be a LONG time since I have a 2 month old :) So I am embracing it.

This is what I did as a mom missionary this week. We started school!!! In America you all started the end of Aug, but the new year of school starts in Jan here in South Africa, so we started in the middle. Plus we couldn't wait all of our new books looked exciting. It has been an awesome week. I am so proud of my kids, they each worked really hard and did everything with a happy heart. I am praying that this year will be blessed. I have 2 highschoolers and 2 in elementary this year... plus the baby!

I am doing the Beth Moore study Daniel with a friend. I'm so glad to be doing this, we has women need to encourage each other in the word and get it inside of us. I'm praying that as this week goes on that I can find the time for all of the homework.

I've made healthy meals, homecooked for the crew all week. I've even cooked some lunches and provided healthy snacks. I figured since it was the first week of school we needed brain food. Apparently it worked because no one starved and school went fantastically. Plus I didn't forget to entertain, so the feeding of others was also happening.

We have cleaned, straightened, organized, picked up more times than I care to remember. I am thankful that I have trained all of my children how to clean. Cleaning isn't just for girls, y'all!

In the office, I blogged, finished the newsletter, did some important paperwork, wrote a fold out pamphlet, answered emails, found parts for a vacuum and more of the like.

So, my life hasn't changed all that much. Well, yes it has, but I still do pretty much the sameish kind of stuff just in another part of the World. All for Jesus though. I also provide a nice home for my missionary husband to come home too, albeit loud home where he probably cant hear himself think.

If you are JUST a mom, dont think you dont have anything to do in life or your not important. You are the most important. You keep things going, you keep people from starving or not sleeping, you keep people clean and their clothes nice, you keep the entire thing going smoothly. Proud of you moms!!! We are all missionaries to our families and I pray we are blessing the heart of Jesus as we serve our families wherever we are.

2 comments:

  1. SO I pretty much just have this.........I love ya! That's all I can squeeze out at the moment. Just reading your words made me smile and I just wanted to tell you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen and amen! You expressed exactly what I believe too! Thanks for the encouragement, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete