Welcome

The time in Cape Town is:

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Surreal

I feel a bit out of my body right now. It is late and I have been working hard all day, so I don't know if this will make tons of sense? But, here we go anyway...It is really hard to get rid of all of my stuff! Yes, I said it!!! I have accumulated things for 16 years, things I really like, things that were "so me", things that brought comfort or happy thoughts. Still just THINGS!

It has been difficult preparing for a Huge Sale of all of my belongings, when I actually still like everything I have. It is different when I have a garage sale and get rid of things I no longer want or need, this is not like that.

Here is the truth in the matter though, what I have to look forward to, over in Africa, is so much more valuable than all of my things combined. My precious children at the orphanage, infinitely better than my favorite red dishes!!! The people in Lesotho, so much more lovely than my china!!! Knowing that Jesus has called us there is even more comfortable than my Temper pedic mattress ( and this is very comfy)!

Galations 5:17  "For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish."

This pretty much explains it I am in a battle between my flesh and my Spirit! I am so thankful that the Lord has been so sweet to me and understanding. He has been by me, encouraging me while I put everything out to sell. He understands how I feel, He created my flesh and knows my connection to this world. It isn't a bad feeling, he created me with feelings. Yet, He is encouraging me to release my fleshly belongings for a much deeper relationship with Him in my Spirit. He is making my Spirit stronger and that is worth a lot. He takes me as I am and fully loves me, He never stops investing and working on me.

That is what He wants to do with us all. Take us as we are! Fully loved in whatever spot you may be in. You could be a mess, backslidden and broken... He LOVES you! It's that easy, isn't that awesome?

I'm thanking God that He knows me and loves me just the way I am, that He understands my sadness. I love that He encourages me in truth! I am praying for you all tonight that the Lord would meet you right where you are at and encourage you in truth too!

Thank you dear friends for your prayers! Blessings,
Andrea





No comments:

Post a Comment