Welcome

The time in Cape Town is:

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Vacant yet Full

We are living in an almost completely vacant home. None of our children have bedroom sets anymore. Most of our furniture has sold, the only reason we still have couches is because the people that bought them are selling their house and asked if we could use them for awhile longer so they wouldn't have to put the couches in storage. My kids are appreciative of this fact because they still have something to sleep on.

It is strange to walk through your home and have mostly empty rooms, but it also gives me an odd kind of joy. I don't know if I can explain it??? We are just getting really close to being completely freed up to go. This is unbelievably exciting to me.

I have been thinking a lot about the 4.5 billion people that live on this earth, that are going to hell if they died today, and that 26,000 children will die today of starvation and preventable disease. I am so thankful that we are a step closer to going and giving a portion of that 4.5 billion Christ and a portion of that 26,000 may be saved because we can help. I am praising God for the opportunity to help the World, to go and preach the gospel and to save the least, the last and the lost.

It has definitely been a journey parting with everything we own. Things seem so important at first and then as you give things up it gets easier and easier. It is all just stuff! As we have been going thru some of our storage stuff, there were a few box's that had mildew growing on them and it reminded me of Matt 6. It talks about storing up our treasure in Heaven where moth and rust (and mildew) cant destroy. How true! Everything on this earth has a time frame, a beginning and an end. My stuff is not eternal, anything I own today someone else will own at a different time. Nothing here on earth is REALLY mine. My treasure is in HEAVEN! My life is in HEAVEN, my citizenship is in HEAVEN!!! This changes one's perspective on stuff.

Matt 6:33  Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness... if we are truly seeking the Kingdom of God that could mean that we may see some changes in our lives. Seek in this verse means sincere seeking, a careful concern and earnest endeavor. Heaven would be our end and Holiness would be our way. We would prefer heavenly blessings over earthly delights.

The rest of the verse states... and all these things will be added to you! If we truly believed this truth we would see such a change in our lives and the world around us. That the best way to be comfortably provided for in this world is to be intent upon a Heavenly world.

The thought of the church living like Matt 6: 33 excites me! The thought of me living like that excites me. In no way have I got this life figured out, I am learning every day. The Lord teaches, and corrects, and leads me everyday. So today as we unload more stuff from our almost vacant home, my heart is full, my spirit is pressed closer to the Lord and I am a step closer to boarding the plane to Africa!

May the Lords name be praised and all Glory given to God!

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment