Welcome

The time in Cape Town is:

Monday, August 23, 2010

Perspective

     In the last few days I have begun to get weepy about leaving. Let me clarify, I want to go, my heart LONGS to be there with the people God has called us to be with. The reality that we may not get to see people from the States, again is setting in. We have now said good bye to a handful of people that we wont get to see again before we leave... it was a real goodbye!

     The Lord has been so sweet to me gently allowing my emotions to flow, but also reminding me of His purpose for me and our family. This is from Jesus in Luke 4 "The Spirit of the LORD is upon Me, because He appointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor. He has sent Me to proclaim release to the captives, and recovery of sight to the blind, to set free those who are downtrodden, to proclaim the favorable year of the LORD"


Is. 25:4. For You have been a defense for the helpless, a defense for the needy in his distress."


Psalm 10:14 "You have been the helper of the orphan... O LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will strengthen their heart, You will incline Your ear to vindicate the orphan and the oppressed."


Is 41:17 "The afflicted and needy are seeking water, but there is none, and their tongue is parched with thirst. I, the LORD, will answer them Myself, as the God of Israel I will not forsake them."


This is just a small portion of Scripture on the poor, needy and the orphaned. There are over 300 verses on the least, last and lost.


     I know here on Earth I may not have the opportunity to see some people again, this is hard on my heart and my flesh, YET I have hope. I live in eternity, I am not confined to my earthly body and if I do not see some again here I have great hope that I will see them again in Eternity... YES! I may be sad in my flesh, but my Spirit reminds me of the truth and hope we have in Jesus Christ! I cannot turn from the call Jesus has put on us because of my flesh, I cannot be held back from His best and His purpose. I must pursue Him, I must chase after Him and go wherever He leads. God knows what He is doing and I don't want to miss anything He has for me and my family.


Deut. 15:7. I"f there is a poor man among you, one of your brothers, in any of the towns of the land which the LORD your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart, nor close your hand to your poor brother; but you shall freely open your hand to him, and generously lend him sufficient for his need in whatever he lacks."


Is. 58:66 "Is this not the fast which I choose, to loosen the bonds of wickedness, to undo the bands of the yoke, and to let the oppressed go free, and break every yoke? Is it not to divide your bread with the hungry, and bring the homeless poor into the house; when you see the naked, to cover him, and not to hide yourself from your own flesh?"


The Bible has made it clear what we are to do, what I am to do, and this strengthens my heart in my weak moments. Truth girds me up and gives me courage to trust that the Lord will take care of all the details. God has said that He will bless us and take care of us and our gloom will be taken care of.


Prov. 22:9 He who is generous will be blessed, for he gives some of his food to the poor.


Deut. 15:10. You shall give generously to [your poor brother], and your heart shall not be grieved when you give to him, because for this thing the LORD your God will bless you in all your work and in all your undertakings.



Is. 58:10. "And if you give yourself to the hungry, and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then your light will rise in darkness, and your gloom will become like midday. And the LORD will continually guide you, and satisfy your desire in scorched places, and give strength to your bones; and you will be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water whose waters do not fail."

I just have to say Is 58 ROCKS!

As encouragement to myself and our friends and our families, let us all look at what the Word has said and trust that the Lord will take care of us, not to be afraid, or weep like those that don't have hope. I know that this is God's doing, He has been all over it, let's trust Him to keep doing His thing.

Here is a little perspective: I read a story today about a young lady in Africa, She is 23 years old and weighs 37lbs (let that sink in a minute)... my 8year old weighs double that!!! She is starving, quite possibly to death. Her family has stopped caring for her because they think she will die. She was naked, lying in her own waste, unable to even sit up. She had no water or food or hope of living.

A wonderful woman, Renee, went to her and cleaned her up, dressed her and covered her with blankets and the love of the Lord. No hospital would take this young lady, so Renee took her home and cared for her. She made her nutritious, vitamin laden drinks and gave them to the girl. This young girl has lived, she is still dangerously ill, but she is experiencing the hands and feet of the Lord through Renee. Renee is a modern day hero, she is going to people that do not have help, food, water, basic life giving necessities.

This is not just a story, this is going on right now across the Ocean from us. This young woman has a name, Nabakoza, and a beautiful face and a spirit that is longing for the living water only Jesus can bring. There are many other people like this young girl that just need someone to come and help. The need is great and far outweighs the few helpers. I have to be the hands and feet of Jesus! I have to keep the picture of this young lady before me. The need puts things into perspective, I am giving up nothing and gaining so much. I am thankful that we live in an age that we can keep connected via phone, internet, skype and all the good things we have available.

My heart is strong in the Lord and I am ready for His call and His will. I am sure that in the next 3 weeks we will have some rough emotional times, but I know His plans and purposes and they are good.

To read about Nabakoza yourself you can at www.servinghischildreninuganda.blogspot.com
Blessings friends,
Andrea






No comments:

Post a Comment