Welcome

The time in Cape Town is:

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

God determines.... not me!


Acts 17:26 (New International Version)

26From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live.

God just gave this verse to me. It was one of those verses that I probably read over and over and it never jumped out at me, but now it has jumped out at me and attached itself to my heart.

I LOVE knowing that he knows the times set for us and the exact places we should live! This is such a comfort as we do not know exactly when we are leaving or exactly where we will be living. To know that He does and his timing is perfect, that his plans are perfect puts so much joy in my heart.

In this one verse He confirms our calling to go to the whole earth, and brings comfort to what I have been worrying over, our move. I love how he meets all of us right where we are at, and directs us to right thinking. He is so sweet to me.

Tomorrow morning our Visa applications are being sent out!!! Whew! I am excited that all of the preparation for the Visas is done and that they are going out the door. Please pray that the Embassy looks favorably on our Visas and they get approved and sent back quickly. Then the next step is boarding a plane to South Africa. We are really on the home stretch and I am so ready to go.

Here is our application... you can just pray over it :)
While we are waiting for our Visas to return to us, I will be getting rid of the rest of our belongings. We will each have 3 bins that we can take. We are pairing down and getting rid or storing everything except our 3 bins worth. We have made quite a dent but there is still much to go through. I have lots of work to keep me busy. We just keep doing what we are supposed to do while God does what he does in preparing the way.

Keep us in prayer that we are diligent in what we need to get done, that the Lord sustains us with health and energy, and that we have time to spend with family and friends without having to worry about all the stuff that needs to get done. We really appreciate you all holding us up in prayer!!!

Blessings,

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment