Welcome

The time in Cape Town is:

Thursday, November 11, 2010

waiting

We are still waiting for our very own internet at our home, but today I am at a neat little cafe using their internet bar. How cool, I almost feel like I'm at home, until I look our the window :)

I miss blogging so very much, it was one of my favorite things and I think of all the blogs I will do when we finally get internet and I can type them out whenever I want. Oh the tales I will tell.

Recently I feel like we have been in Egypt during the plagues... except on a much smaller scale. The bugs are everywhere, regular ants, FLYING ants and some BIG frogs. The flying ants come out at night by the thousands ( I am not kinding, thousands) so we have to run around and close all the doors and windows, but then they try and come under the doors, so we have to shove a towel under the door so they cant get in. It's kinda funny to see us batteling them. Anyway after the initial onslaught all their wings fall off and then they pair up, and walk around in circles. We have told our kids this is when they get married.

We guess they are probably mating then they go lay their eggs in the ground and DIE! That is it, fly around, lose their wings, mate, lose wings and die. Then on the next hot day their kids come out of the ground and it all happens again... crazy.

We are all doing really well. School is getting done, which is a good thing. I still need to order some school for Brie though.Shelby is at the orphanage almost every day, which is a huge blessing and they are getting lots done.

We are planning a Christmas party for the kids at the orphanage and about 45 kids from the township. We are excited about it and hope the kids will be blessed.

Cant wait to tell you all the fun stuff going on.

Love and miss you!
Andrea

1 comment:

  1. Hey! SO great to hear you are doing well! I still cannot believe you guys are there! I love the internet we know whats going on with you! Sure love you and glad you are battling the ants.... YIKES!
    Mucho love and I MISS our walks=(
    Proud of you guys and I am praying!

    ReplyDelete