Welcome

The time in Cape Town is:

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Arrival

We are here.  After about 25 hours of travel, we have arrived, and yes we have found wi-fi.  Unfortunatley I have the wrong power converter, so I will keep this short for now and try to conserve a little bit of power for tomorrow.

I finally got to skype with the family, the last time we talked was about 20 hours ago before I left DC.  That was nice.  It is almost 1 am here in Durban and we have been up talking with Pastor Shaun and his family for a little bit.  Now its time for a shower and see I can get some sleep even though my body is telling me its time for dinner.

They speak English here, but I am learning a lot of new funny words for things.  Not much planned for tomorrow, rest, a bry (south african for bar-b-q), and buying a converter, and maybe a prepaid phone, so i can talk to the family more often.  I will try to get some pics uploaded, but thanks to my wife for getting some on earlier today.

blessings
Shelby

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Shelby...it's good to hear / read from you. Blessings to you all as you seek His face and walk in His presence!!

    Robin (and Bob)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Shelby...it's good to hear / read from you!! Praying for you all as you seek His face and walk in His presence!!

    ReplyDelete