Welcome

The time in Cape Town is:

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Wed 3/17

Another good day here in Lesotho.  Still no shower now going on day 4.  Just the good old baby wipe down.  I don't think any of the lesotho people will complain.  Maybe the guys in the truck on the way home, but oh well.  Took a walk up to the top of the hill thinking the village stopped, but it just kept going. There is a school there on the other side.  The children here are amazingly beautiful.  In our standards they have nothing, but the smiles on their face tell you they have everything.  It is fun playing soccer with the older kids, but tag with the younger ones is my favorite.  There is a girl here probably two we were playing peek a boo last night at church and then some soccer this morning.  This afternoon I was playing with the older kids and she was on the side screaming & waving until I would look at her.  We would start doing this little dance and the soccer ball would fly by and remind me that I was in a soccer game.

The weather here is pretty crazy.  It can be blazing hot one minute and then the sun will go behind a cloud and its quite chilly.  I got some pictures of a guy builidng a house.  He just stood there posing not understanding I wanted action shots.  We went to a different trive this afternoon and did worship and testimonies and teaching.  Again many people responded to the gospel.  It is awesome to watch and be a part of.  I went and talked with the village elder, but they seemed to all be drunk and not real entrested in what we were doing.

Gary, myself, Jesse, and Pastor Daniel (the local pastor) drove up to the school today and we talked with the principal and some of the teachers and some good pics of the children.

Tomorrow I teach.  Kinda weird not having my normal resources, just my Bible.

The stars here are amazing.  We are at 10,000 ft avove sea level and no lights at all, you feel like you could grab them.  Asking God for confirmation that we were suppossed to move here and there was a huge shooting star.   One of those great big ones that left a streak for a couple of seconds.  It was very kiff (cool)

No comments:

Post a Comment