Welcome

The time in Cape Town is:

Friday, March 12, 2010

Continuation of Day 1

6:30 (Durban) just landed in johannesburg. Made it thru customs and 
then back thru security to board our next flight. I have my first 
stamp on my passport. Have an hour and half till our last flight to 
Durban.  This airport is huge and is very very hot. Still no wifi, but 
our quest continues. Oh and the really nice guys that offer to walk 
you to your gate, they want money.

7:10 (Durban) first off all subways are not created equal. Really 
thought that was a safe choice but now I am praying that it doesn't 
make me sick. Just trust me. There is no free wi fi anywhere in the 
airport and not sure if it's worth having to put in my credit card for 
a few moments online. Would be nice to talk or text with my family but 
maybe when we get to pastor Shaun's a little later.

There was a man working in the bathroom mopping floors and whistling 
that song, don't worry be happy, which as a side note will now be 
stuck in my head for a few days. But as a previous janitor I know that 
being able to whistle that song while you are working in a mens room 
means your a man who likes his job.  So whatever you do, do it as unto 
the Lord. We should be a happy and joyious bunch, mental picture - we 
should be Tigers not Eeyore's (Winnie the pooh reference). So like the 
old disney song - whistle while you work.

8:07 (dur) boarded and headed for Durban where hopefully we can find 
some wifi

9:26 (dur) touchdown, now 30 minute car ride, hopefully a shower, and 
maybe some wifi????



The above was from Shelby, now the below part is from Andrea:


We were so excited to actually get to see Shelby and speak with him!!
It was hard not talking for a whole day, but we are blessed to know he
is safe and there in Durban. We even got to say hi to the Strauss family.
Thank you Strauss' for taking care of my honey while he is away.


Shelby told us that is is VERY weird driving on the wrong side of the road.
I have never done that and bet it will be something that you adjust to over
time. EEK! Thank you all again for your prayers and support.


Love,
The Renders

No comments:

Post a Comment