Welcome

The time in Cape Town is:

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Friday March 19 11:41 pm Durban


Friday March 19 11:41 pm Durban

Long day breakfast was about seven, I got up at 6 and had my last 
quiet time on the mountain. Shortly after breakfast we started packing 
and taking down the tent and loading everything up. We were short a 
vehicle going back so three of us (me included) had to ride back in 
the back of a truck. We had a lot less stuff coming back so we had a 
little room. We blew up an air matress to sit on. We left masahi about 
8:30am. We drove on mountain dirt roads for about three hours. Stopped 
for lunch about 1:30 and got into Fitchburg at about 4:00. Even with 
putting sunscreen on twice today, I still got baked from riding in the 
back. My legs and arms are pink. But I will take sunburn over stomach 
issues any day. I managed to stay healthy all week which was good.  We 
went straigtaway to the spar and got some water. Took showers. Then we 
went to kfc for dinner. I came up after dinner and started working on 
editing footage so we could do a video on Sunday. I will try to get 
some stuff uploaded just havnt been getting really good upload speeds.

It was a great trip, something that I will never forget, but now our 
trip is really just getting started. We need to go to the orphanage, 
check out some houses, check out some possible skate park venues, 
visit lumber store so that I can figure skate park prices, of course 
we have to go to the beach at least once, set up some interviews for 
our video, etc., etc.

Up early for breakfast at 7 and then on the road again for another 5 
hours but this time in a car not the back of the truck.  This hotel 
doesn't seem neAr as bad after a week in masahi.  Can't wait to skype 
with the family, it's been really hard having no communication with 
them at all.


     

No comments:

Post a Comment