Welcome

The time in Cape Town is:

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Tues March 16

6:30 AM the scenery here is amazing, not sure that it can be captured in a photo, but I have tried.  Thanks to Gary we all have tents and air mattresses to sleep on  I like him and I am beginning to understand his sense of humor.  Shaun is apparently feeling better today.  praise God.

The people here sleep with the rising and setting of the sun.  Already there is activity everywhere.  Women carrying water, kids playing, and smoke rises from villages across the valley.

It was cold last night and even this morning, there is a slight chill in the breeze.  As the sun rises I fell the need to lose my sweatshirt.

Like my son, I already have a leg covered with bug bites.

Numbers 16 - Moses continues to stand in the gap for a disrecptpful, unrepentant people and continues to turn away the wrath of God.  Will I stand in the Gap?

-Evening-
Today was a good day  I got to drive a car with right steering wheel, stick shift.  Not only that but it was like rock crawling.  It was pretty fun.  Shaun did a devotion on Romans 10:14 & Isiah 52:7.

We had to drive to the river to get water for washing dishes.  Makes you appreciate how easy we have it here in the states.  After devos and b-fast I drove with gary back in to town to buy light bulbs.  We had 5 hours in the car and it was exactly the reason we came to build some relationships.  After coming back from town we did some outreach in our village with the children.  There were about 100 children there.  They were very open to the Gospel.

After the outreach, we started playing soccer.  The big kids didnt want the little kids to play, so I took the little ones and started playing tag.  That was fun, but I am old and Lesotho kids are very fast.

Worship/outreach tonight.  worship last for a couple of hours, with lots of dancing.  After worship, Pastor Shaun shared the word and lots of people came forward to give their hearts to Christ.  Praise God

Awesome day, and Shaun asked if I would teach a session on Thursday on 1 Timothy 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment