Welcome

The time in Cape Town is:

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Thursday 3/18 8:23 pm


Thursday 3/18 8:23 pm

This is our last day here in Durban.  I am crying as I write this. 
Outside our tent they are playing the passion of the Christ for the 
village. I don't know if these people have ever even seen a movie, yet 
alone something this powerful. I can hear women and children crying as 
they drive the steaks into my savior hands. I don't understand much of 
what the translator say but perirodically he just cries; my jesus, my 
Jesus.

These are a beautiful people. We forget in our comfortable American 
houses that there are people who need the gospel. Today is the day of 
salvation and that his been true every day here in Lesotho. The only 
problem that I see is that god sai to go and make disciples, not go 
and make converts. Calvary chapel 1000 hills is praying thru the best 
way to do that. Pastor Shaun feels it best to stay in this area as 
appossed to moving from tribe to tribe. There has been some land 
donated to the church and righ now the plan is to build a building 
that can be used as a church and also as a base for our mashasi 
outreach. As you stand and look from where we are you can look and see 
other tribes on adjacent mountains. Yesterday and today we drove to 
different villages and did open air outreaches and both days were very 
fruitful. It seems the fields are ripe with harvest. We also found a 
inn/hotel down the road where we can stay if we need to just come up 
for a quick weekend trip. It is rough, but it is inside, and has 
indoor plumbing.

So as for today. Last night was the coldest it has been all week. It 
is crazy how much the weather changes here from day to night.  Jesse 
is still sick. He threw up last night and has spent most of the day 
sleeping. What a sucky place to be sick. After breakfast and devotions 
we headed down to the river to bath. I was tryin to go all week 
without one, but broke down. It was more mentally refreshing than 
anything and really re-enegized me. Who knew? Gary let Jesse drive the 
truck back so I guess he was feeling ok this morning and got worse 
this afternoon. I got to teach the final session for today and for the 
week today on 1 Timothy 6. It was fun, I had Jacob for a tranlator and 
I think thAt it went well. Shaun said I am definetley a calvary 
pastor, so that was kiff (cool). Tom had told Shaun earlier in the 
week that he felt like he was suppossed to offer me his second 
sesssion, so I was like yes I would love to. So anyway that was cool 
to be a part of that. So we went after lunch and did the open air 
outreach. We stopped at the little hotel we found and bought some soft 
drinks. We are very low on drinking water and it was nice to have a 
drink. Mike had to use the b/r so we left him there. Gary went back to 
pick him up though. It has been nice building relationships with Gary, 
mitchell, Tom, and Shaun. Now when we come back we had friends and 
found memories. The others on our team were justin, rolph, and 
Veronica from another church in Durban; and mike from cape town.  Mike 
is being called to go start a work in Madagascar so maybe future trips 
will be up there to help him out.

I hope that I have captured enough on film. It is tough to take the 
camera everywhere but I have done my best to get an overall idea of 
what we were doing, the people, and the place.

I miss my family. Two more days and I we will be able to talk with 
them. It's hard to be away, but to be away with no communication is 
really hard.

We have a long drive down the mountain tomorrow on terrible dirt/
gravel roads. The hotel that we stayed at in ficksburg sounds alot 
better now than it did the first time.

I am ready to move, better yet I will stay and just have Andrea sell 
everything and come. There is so much ministry here and we havnt even 
been to the orphanage yet. We have talked about the skateboarding 
outreach but will get to look at some places when we get back to 
Durban. Just hard to imagine that we are not supposed to come.

Don't think I have mentioned it bit will now quickly and then I must 
get to bed as we have an early start.  2 things about the Lesotho 
people 1. There is no concept of time here. They basically start when 
everyone is there. They go to bed at dark and wake up at daylight. 
Everything is twenty minutes away even it takes an hour. 2. The people 
here love to dance. We start to play music at the open air outreach 
and you can look around and see people dancing all around the village. 
Worship is alot of singing and dancing and can go on for awhile 
followed by a sermon more singing and another sermon. Sometimes there 
may be three or so sermons in one night.

It's 9:12 and as hard as it is to imagine i am going to bed. When in 
Lesotho do as the lesothians.

No comments:

Post a Comment