Welcome

The time in Cape Town is:

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tuesday, March 23 6:26 AM

Well, like I said yesterday was a holiday here in South Africa.  Human rights day, I think.  So we went down to the beach in the morning.  I needed to pick up a little more sunburn to complete my trip.  It was also nice to see the city of Durban in the daylight.  It is a huge city with loads of people.  Where we are in Forest Hills is about 30 minutes from the down town section of Durban.  Forest hills is located in a part of Durban know as the valley of 1000 hills.  When we were at the zulu shops on Sunday, there was a lookout point where you could see all the hills.  They just keep going and going.  You literally descend all the way to Durban.

After the beach, we headed back to the house for lunch.  Then there was lots of talk about future plans.  We are discussing all the options that we have here.  Wednesday night we will be having a church meeting with the body to talk about the vision and the next steps.  We went back out last night and did a little more walking around and checking out an area called Hillcrest.  There are a few little towns all right on top of each other here.  We are in forest hills and then there is Waterfall, Assagay, Bothas Hills and Hillcrest all kinda right on top of each other and within 15 to 20 minutes.  So lots of ministry opportunities.  The church is nicely located to reach all these areas.  We went to a a place for dinner called, Spur.  It was kind of a burger joint with a Native American theme and feel.  Monday is buy one burger, get one free.  They also have a rib burger which was like our McRibb, only better.  I had that.

Again, last night lots of talk about what to do and what would be the best area to focus on.  Today the plan is to visit some commercial spots to see what the cost would be to move the skatepark inside.  We have some land where we could do it outside, but everything would have to be portable and moveable in order to lock up at night.  Then this afternoon we will be going to the orphanage I hope.  That is what I am most excited about, to see what God wants to do there.  From what I understand the could use a lot of help.  34 kids I think being looked after by 1 family.  Mainly the wife in the family because the man is working.  Social services keeps telling them they have too many kids, but then they will turn around and bring them more kids.  Anyway, I am excited about today and I will fill you in later.

Please pray.  I am looking for on more bit of confirmation before I leave.  Not really anything specifically, although maybe it should be.  This is a just a really big step and I am just asking God for that one last stamp of confirmation.  Thanks

blessings
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment