Welcome

The time in Cape Town is:

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Thur 3/25

Thursday 3/25

Headed back to the Zulu village shops this morning.  Still looking for 
gifts fir a few people and there is a really cool coffe shop there 
that Jesse likes. Went to a new store that was part of a safari place 
and they had some cool things. Came back to the house for a late lunch.
Sat down with Shaun and Gail and worked on our budget so we have an 
idea of what we need to raise.  Yea it's alot. But I know that God is 
control. I don't say that as a cop out or a crutch but I just know 
that I can't do this in my own strength, which is a good place to be.
Later on we headed back out to the orphanage in hopes of seeing more 
of the children. We saw maybe half of the 36 kids. It is never a bad 
trip. We are all staring to have our favorites children. I asked Shaun 
why they likded us so much is it because we are white, because we are 
guys, or because we are there.  He said it was probably a little of 
both.  I am ready to get back and start spending time there on a more 
consistant basis.
We came back from the orphanage and Jesse and I made a Mexican dinner 
for everyone. Pretty sure it was the first ever Mexican meal for the 
Strauss family.  It was as close to traditional as we could make with 
the ingredients that are available.  They have one type of salsa, old 
el paso that you can get in mild and medium. That's it one brand. 
Tortilla chips, forget about had to go three stores to even find them 
and they were tiny little bags for about $3. Crazy. Never have got to 
try the Chinese place here, but I guess there will be time for that 
later. There is a KFC down the road and you can get ice cream cones 
there for about .30 cents so I am guessing that will be one of our 
treat stops.

No comments:

Post a Comment